RAPID PROTOTYPE TO PRODUCTION
Pi Innovo’s product line of off-the-shelf rapid control prototyping Electronic Control Units (ECUs) are designed to allow for customization and manufactured to automotive volume production standards. OpenECU® enables reliable, efficient and fast embedded controls electronics development and is a cost effective solution for low to medium volume production applications.
OPTIMIZED FOR YOUR APPLICATION
Pi Innovo’s expertise in the design, development and manufacturing of Electronic Control Units (ECUs) spans a range of applications and industries. Our Custom ECU solutions leverage the extensive product and engineering experience of our team to create an ECU that meets your specific application requirements, safety goals, cost targets, and development budget typically under aggressive timelines.
EXCELLENCE IN SYSTEMS, CONTROLS and SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Pi Innovo has over 25 years of systems, controls, software and electronics design engineering experience for production and prototype applications. Our ability to apply the appropriate process discipline combined with our flexible customer focused engagement approach ensures that your specific needs are fully met.
Download Our SAE International
LESSONS LEARNED DEVELOPING ISO 26262 SUPERVISORY CONTROLLERS FOR EV/HEV
M560/M580 OpenECU Developer
Software r3.0.0-FS Now Available
We are pleased to announce a new release of the OpenECU Developer Software. OpenECU-FS was developed according to ISO 26262 for use on the M560 and M580 targets. (NOTE: the other OpenECU targets have their own version which is updated separately.) For detailed information on functional safety, request the M560 Family Functional Safety Manual.
Users of M560 and M580 ECUs are encouraged to upgrade to this version as soon as possible to take advantage of the new features and fixes therein. Release 3.0.0 includes many new features, fixes and improvements, some of which are briefly described below.
- Functional safety in accordance with ISO 26262 for M560 and M580
- Combined Charging System (CCS) in accordance with SAE J1772, IEC 61851, SAE J2487, and DIN 70121
Tool Compatibility Updates for 3rd party tools
- Matlab 2013a through 2018b for prototyping; 2015b and 2018b for ISO 26262.
- CANape v16.0
- ETAS INCA v7.2.7
- ATI Vision v5.1.2
Fixes, Improvements, and New Features
- CAN Messages limited only by the available memory in the application. Previous limit of 100 messages was removed.
- Updated support for 3rd party calibration tools -
- Improved debug information for errors while generating ASAP2 (A2L) files
- Improved support for lookup tables
- Improved compatibility with CANape for reprogramming
- Removed limit on number of Object Descriptor Tables (ODT’s) that can be configured for CCP data acquisition
- Improved compatibility with Simulink RTMODEL and Simulink data dictionaries
- Added command line build capability for secondary microcontroller applications.
Impact to Existing Customers
- Customers already using a preliminary version of the M5xx platform (version 2.6.x) will need to update the firmware on
- their ECU's. Contact OpenECU support to get the appropriate firmware upgrade files and instructions.
- Customers using Diab compiler version 5.9 will have to update to version 184.108.40.206
- The Diab compiler requires a patch which is available from the Pi Innovo website
- Get answers fast: our most frequent support inquiries are now covered by the OpenECU support FAQ at http://support.openecu.com