The session presents Pi Innovo's experience of developing an Autonomous Vehicle Custom ECU with modern application software testing using VectorCAST. Pi Innovo developed a custom embedded controller for autonomous vehicle application.
The embedded controller developed was based on the following high-level requirements:
- Functional safety (ISO 26262)
- Full redundant ASIL-D
- Fail-operational robustness to single-point failures (internal redundancy)
- Data transmission using 100BASE-T1 automotive ethernet (2-wire)
- Data time stamping asynchronous sensor readings, based on vehicle's master clock module
- Measurement and processing of high-resolution wheel position encoders
- 6-axis Intertial Measurement Unit (IMU) for vehicle altitude control
- High precision
- High stability
- Low thermal drift
The presentation focuses on integration of VectorCAST and Simulink in software testing to achieve high-integrity software for autonomous applications.
Jeff Lovell, Systems Engineer at Pi Innovo presented the session on June 12, 2019, at the second Software Testing Symposium in San Jose, California hosted by Vector.